Thursday, March 31, 2011

Graduation!

I know I haven't been here in a while, but life has been busy. I have been sick with respiratory crud all semester and playing catch up on all my classwork because of that. 


I found out during Spring Break that I have to graduate with my Bachelor's of Sociology by Dec 2011 or I will lose one of my scholarships. And of course this scholarship is my most substantial one. If I do not graduate by Dec 2011, I would lose about $6000 is scholarship funding. OUCH! I don't know about anyone else, but I can't afford to lose that kind of financial aid, so I will graduate on December 16, 2011. I only have 18 credits left to complete my Bachelor's, so I will take 8 credits during the summer, and then 13 in the fall. AND I WILL BE DONE!!!!!!! That is, until I start Grad School in January. =) I submitted my graduation paperwork on Tuesday and then on Wednesday I submitted the application to the Sociology masters program at UCCS. There should be no problem with me being accepted. My overall GPA is 3.59 and my Sociology GPA is 3.443. Pretty damn good if I do say so myself. 


In other news, my family has acquired 2 male baby guinea pigs, and man they are super cute but high maintenance! Sam, our youngest one, is about 5 months old, and a suicide jumper. He managed to jump out of K's hands and break his back left leg. =(  Guinea pigs are very social (hence us having two of them) and poor Sam has to be isolated in a smaller cage so that he doesn't run and play while his leg hopefully heals. He may end having it amputated, depends on how it is healing when we go back to the vet's office in late April for another xray. He is not a happy guinea pig, but then neither is Merlin, our second one who is about 7 months old. He is in the big cage and by himself and very sad. They are both as cute and cuddly as can be. Poor Sam can't even be held much because the movement messes with his leg and makes him hurt despite the pain medicine and anti-inflammatory he takes daily. =( 


Spring is slowly creeping into town here. We have had several days of gorgeous mild spring weather, then WHOOSH! winter comes roaring back in again with cold, dreary and rainy/sleety/icy/snowy days that let us know that Winter is NOT done with the Rockies yet. Spring Break for the boys and I was a beautiful week of 50 & 60 degree days with plenty of sunshine. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and went a few places around here while we could enjoy the weather and time together. Right after Spring Break ended, in came winter again. I am very grateful that winter waited until Spring Break ended. =) 


I am going to post an awesome video... Duran Duran has released a new totally AWESOME cd after who knows how many years, and man, they are still rocking and still gorgeous! I love the new cd, 'All You Need Is Now'. This is the title track and it is fantastic! Way to go Duran Duran! 





1 comment:

  1. I'm just doing a drive by to wish you a happy easter. Hope you had a good day today. :)

    I was sure I'd already left a comment on this blog post, I remember the graduation, and video and stuff. Huh. Strange. I must not have completed the task at hand at the time. Boy, that sure seems to be happening a lot.

    Anyway, *hugs* to you and yours today.

    ReplyDelete